Saturday, September 8, 2007

Another Bird Card





When I went to the paper store yesterday, I bought some beautiful stickers, entitled "Bird and Nest Stickers." They came in a thin tin with 100 assorted stickers inside. They are paper, so they can be stamped on or distressed with ink easily. There are birds, nests, speckled eggs and some words. They remind me of vintage postcard images - SO pretty. I made a card with one of the stickers last night, although it was difficult for me to even peel it off and use it. I kind of get stingy with myself with my favorite things....Anyway, I happened to have this perfect paper that matched the sticker perfectly. All I had to do was cut the paper, glue it to the card, attach the brads and slap on the sticker. I inked everything with Tim Holtz distress ink. I just love how it turned out. I think I'll set it out on my desk for awhile and stare at it. :)

I also found a 6" X 6" paper pad of the complete, new line of BasicGrey paper, called "Periphery." The paper is the same as the 12" X 12" paper they sell, except miniaturized! This is so perfect for me with the papercrafting I do. The larger paper is suitable for scrapbooking, with it's larger images, but the mini paper works best for me, doing tags and cards. I think I will purchase these tablets from now on!

Here's a few of the papers. They are pieces of art in themselves....It's sometimes very hard for me to cut them...







No comments: