Thursday, September 6, 2007

School Days Have Begun

Well, yesterday was the first day of school. The day started early with Melanie getting up around 5:45 AM. And, not quietly. Amanda, who is only attending one class at her high school this year, got picked up around that time also, to join her friends at Starbucks for "devos" (devotions). I felt like a good mom, because I made their lunches the night before, and even last night, too! Why that makes me feel like a good mom, I do not know. Anyway, I walked Ben to the bus stop in my pink, flannel pajama pants and Nike sweatshirt. The ensemble was complete with my Keds sneakers. Obviously, I'm not out to impress the neighborhood. Ben got off to school just great, and I walked home to an empty house. I was a little antsy, but soon settled in with my decaf latte. Good stuff....good stuff.

Soon, Amanda came home, and I had to drive her to her school later on for her Orchestra class. She and I will be starting classes at the same college on the 19th - we have laughed about taking a class together! She is taking this alternative route in order to earn her associate's degree, while at the same time completing high school graduation requirements. The tuition is free, which makes it a great option. She is staying connected with her friends through their daily, morning devos, as well as Orchestra. She also eats lunch at the school when it is her Orchestra days. Of course, most of her friends go to our church, so she will have that extra time with them there, too.

All the kids had a great first day. Ben was tired, but still had a ton of energy to go to his first AWANA night! He had a great time, and is looking forward to going back. I could tell he was pretty tired this morning when he got up, though. He had a few tears, even. I think it was a pretty big day yesterday.

Today, I am going to go buy myself some Vitamin B Complex and Fish Oil tablets. A mom I was speaking with last night, said that those two supplements have made a world of difference for her in dealing with fatigue and stress. So, I was so excited last night, thinking that I might have discovered something that might get me over this last, small hump I'm needing to get over. These two supplements, incidentally, were on the list of recommended things to take for Adrenal Fatigue. I'm very encouraged today! I think the Lord is leading me in this direction, and I have a good feeling about it....

1 comment:

Chelle said...

Good to hear from you! I was wondering how you have been! Glad all went well, and what a great option for you daughter to finish h.s. and earn college credit. That is awesome!

I may email you some information on supplements that I think you would like. Be prepared!!! :)

Be blessed today!