Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Tea and Sinuses

What a title for today's post, huh? hee hee :)

Today I am fighting back my sinuses from what I think is developing into a sinus infection. I realized that I have had a cold for over a week now, and am just feeling quite tired and rundown. I am also developing some sinus pain. The way I am going to attempt to avoid the doctor, is by flushing out my nasal passages with salt water. I make a little solution of warm water and salt, and put a little in the cup of my hand and snort it. It kinda hurts, but I think it might be working. I am feeling myself perk up a bit. I am also using a spray decongestant, because I can't stand how the oral medications make me feel. I'll let ya know if this works...

I am also increasing my fluids, which isn't hard for me since I love tea. I drink a few cups a day. I usually drink herbal, like Celestial Seasonings Red Zinger. But, I found an awesome black tea by Lipton called "Vanilla Caramel Truffle." Ohhhhh.....put a little milk and sugar in it, and it is a TREAT. It also has these cool, triangular shaped tea bags that are kinda fun......Tea is an experience for me. I love the comfort of the warmth. I sometimes drink from a special tea cup, but usually I like a big mug that I heat in the microwave....

2 comments:

Chelle said...

I am all about the saline nasal rinses when my sinuses are bothering me. Hope you feel better soon! what a great reason to rest and pamper yourself!

Organized Chaos said...

I think the nasal sprays are addictive! Seriously...every time I get congested I start using them but then I find myself using them for weeks after every time I get stuffy. I have to wean myself off them!