Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Wednesday

I sent my oldest off to camp again. This time she is going to a 3-day church camp in Portland. She is going to have a blast with some very cool friends of hers. I couldn't ask for better kids for her to hang out with. They love the Lord - a couple of them are considering becoming pastors. On a daily basis (usually in the mornings), they try to get together and do their "devo" (devotions). They just meet a a coffee shop, and talk about what they got out of their daily time with God. It's awesome. They also meet once a week in the evening. This last time, one of the guys had his whole house set up with stuff from India, including incense and a slideshow. He talked about how he was led to go to India on a mission trip and shared the stories with the other kids. I mean, seriously. How cool are these friends? It is a fun thing to be seeing the reality of what you have hoped and dreamed about for your kids as a mom. I love how God works these things out!

I'm starting to think about school starting again. Melanie doesn't allow me to say that "s" word in front of her. I think she wants to remain in denial that it still exists. However, I cleaned out some binders today, and gathered up a bunch of unused notebook paper. I put a textbook for sale online, too. As I was organizing my desk area, I started thinking about all the other things I would like to have squared away (ooh-that sounds military) and organized before the whirlwind begins on September 5th.

We got a letter in the mail today, about an AWANA program starting on September 5th for Benny. He loved VBS so much, I just know this is going to be a hit with him.

In a few more weeks, I'll be sending Melanie off to a week-long church camp! She is fundraising right now trying to help off-set the cost. We hope she'll raise enough to pay for all of it. She's doing a car wash, selling pizza cards and selling butter braids. Pray that God rewards her efforts! :)

Joe is preparing for a guys camping trip this weekend. He and a few guys he has known since junior high and high school, are heading out to the Hood Canal area. All I can say is: I'm glad I don't have to be in a tent with 5 smelly guys who had brats and baked beans for dinner.

No comments: