Friday, August 17, 2007

OK. So, maybe...

OK. So, maybe I'm almost out of my bad mood. Maybe I feel like blogging a little bit, especially since a blogging friend put two of my posts as links on her blog (is that how I say it?). Thank you Girls Moma. I don't know how to do links on mine, or I would link yours, too.

I've just felt kind of crappy these last few days - physically and emotionally. I don't know what the deal is. One idea I have is this: I need a serious mom-vacation. I have reached my limit of being asked for things, demanded of things, cleaning things, helping everyone. I'm sick of it. Any moms out there - can I get a "hoo-ah" or something? Does anybody else just get SICK of doing EVERYTHING for EVERYONE? I do. I just get sick of the noise, and the consistent voices asking for something. I can be typing away on my computer, or talking on the phone. It doesn't matter. People just think I am accessible no matter what I might be doing. And, everywhere I turn around there is a new mess. I had to sit down with my children, and say "you know what? you guys are too old for me to have to babysit what you do all the time. clean up after yourselves. do you chores when you're supposed to do them. it's called obedience. just do it." That was the gist of my lecture.

My other idea is: my new espresso machine. I first used the little metal filter that says "one cup" on it to put my ground coffee in, but I thought my latte was a little watery. So, ever since, I've been using the "two cup" filter thingy. But, I think I've been making myself the equivalent of a grande espresso everyday! This is probably not good for me. Today, I went back to the "one cup" and packed the coffee right. It was pretty good.

Yesterday, I thought I would feel better if I went out and weeded. I actually like doing this. But, I didn't feel better. So, I chilled on the couch in front of the TV for several hours. People actually left me alone. It was great. I could feel myself lifting out of the fogginess. I realized I just needed some space. Joe has been off the last couple of days, and so he took over some stuff. I don't know if he has any idea how just taking over the driving detail, and making a couple of peanut butter and jelly sandwiches lightens my load. It's weird-but it's a relief. I feel lighter and better today.

I feel not so mad at the whole world - even the blogging community. :) Thank you reading. You probably care, or you wouldn't read it. At least, that's why I read the blogs I read. I genuinely like the people, and I want to know what they're doing. And, I pray for them, too. So, anyway, thanks.

No comments: