Friday, January 18, 2008

Oral Surgery

I made Ben's oral surgery appointment. I'm having anxiety about this whole thing. He just seems so little to me, to be sedated under general anesthesia, and I hate the thought of seeing him in pain afterwards. I wish he didn't have to do this, but he has to get all those extra baby teeth out. They're not even sure how many extras he has, so they will see when they get in there. I hope they pull out the right ones - that would really suck. Anyway, I scheduled his surgery on a Thursday, so both Joe and I can take care of him during Joe's days off. I'm going to skip one class Thursday, and just go to a 50 minute class on Friday morning while Joe sits with him. He might not even wake up until I get back, is what I'm hoping. I want to be near him........

4 comments:

Chelle said...

Poor little guy, and poor you! Will be praying for him to heal quickly and with very little pain, and for your anxiety level.

Ro said...

Wow, that is young to be put under. I'm sure the dentist is wise, and those teeth do need to come out. Good thing you'll both be there for him when he wakes up.

Organized Chaos said...

I remember how nervous I was about having to have Mckenna put under when she had to have her cheek stitched up...I had to sign all these waviers and hear about the 1% chance of something bad happening.

I'm sure it will go smoothly and Ben will enjoy the recovery when he realizes he'll get ice cream and pudding and shakes, etc.

We'll be praying for you guys.

Jodi said...

Thank you everyone! :)