Sunday, January 27, 2008

Birthday Party!

I'm stressing right now, because I have a major A&P test on Monday, plus I need to prepare for my speech on Tuesday. I'm sitting here trying to decide which to focus most of my attention on today. And, since I am still deciding, I'm going to type on this blog! Nothing like a blog for some good procrastination. HAHA!!

SO! This weekend, was Ben's birthday party with friends. He had a party at the skating rink! It was really Ben's first real skating experience, and he did pretty good! This morning, he does have some pretty big bruises, and a swollen elbow, though :( Here are some pics from the party.....




Hi! I'm Ben and I'm 7!!




The skating rink provided us with our own table and decorations, where we all had Costco cake (MM!) The cake had these big frosting balloons on them, and each kid wanted one, so I really hacked up the cake getting to them...

One of my favorite moments at the party, was Ben reading this birthday card from his friend. His friend was beside himself about this card. He even mentioned it right away when he first arrived at the party, giggling and trying not to give it away. Then, when the moment came for Ben to open it, the friend AND his brother were just crowding around Ben laughing and wiggling with excitement. As Ben read it aloud, all of the boys cracked up. Here it is:



Here's the inside:




Ahhhh, boys......




Look at those flailing arms, trying to keep from going down on his hiney! It was nice that the rink was initially barren so Ben could start learning, but a half hour later, it was packed!



Amanda and her boyfriend, Brett....



Melanie and her friend Zooie....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's definiteky a guy card. Looks like the one I got last year. Ha!