Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Happy New Year!!

I hope you enjoyed a safe and festive New Year's Eve!! My oldest went to a party with friends, while Melanie bet Ben a dollar he couldn't stay up until midnight. That meant I had to stay up, which I wasn't wanting to do! :) I tried "sickling" (a soft tickling of Ben's back), to get him to go to sleep, but it didn't work. He made it. I, however, fell asleep for a little while, until the kids said it was time for the ball to drop on TV. Ben took some metal pot lids out on the back patio and banged them for about 30 seconds, when he announced, "OK. That's enough." We then watched the fireworks at the Space Needle, which were quite a letdown, as something must have malfunctioned! What a bummer for all those people who had spend all night downtown! Anyway, I guess Mel owes Ben a dollar....

Oh yeah! I realized that I have had this blog for exactly one year now! I just noticed that eBlogger automatically created an archive of all my posts for 2007......

One more thing. Here's my verse of the day that I subscribe to, and I think it's a good theme verse for the year:

Give all your worries and cares to God, for he cares about you. 1 Peter 5:7 NLT

1 comment:

Chelle said...

Happy New Year to you! We were asleep by 10 that night, how festive of us. Oh well. Love the cards you have made, they are beautiful!

Hope the New Year is starting off well for you :)