Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Speech on Burn Out

So, I'm giving my first speech on Burn Out in my speech class the week of the 28th. I have found quite a bit of research to speak on Burn Out in general, and I am going to sprinkle my personal story in it as well. I just might put a typed-out version of my speech on this blog, so stay tuned!!

I decided against speaking on Church/Religious burnout, because I think the class is too diverse, and it would be difficult to close the "level of dispute," as our teacher puts it. I will, however, share that my burnout stemmed from church, and I am excited to share how it has re-shaped my belief system relating to God and the church.

My hope is that I will have brought awareness, as well as convinced each person to be careful in the future to watch for those burnout signals in their jobs, marriages, church, etc., so they won't ever have to go there.

Please pray for me!! I'm nervous. Yet, I'm also interested to see how much I actually enjoy doing this. I have enjoyed it in the past when I have spoken publicly, and received positive feedback. But, now, it's different, because I want the Lord to show me through this, if this nagging dream in my heart to speak publicly in His name is real. Is it something he wants me to do, or is it just me? Is it a ministry/vocational direction I should follow, or will it be something I do occasionally on the side? I really want to know this, and I trust Him to show me that. Please pray that is is made clear to me.

OK. I'm feeling naked now. I need a truffle....

3 comments:

Chelle said...

You will do awesome! I can't wait to hear how it was. By the way, got an extra truffle?!?! :)

Jodi said...

OH yes, a whole bag full of those Lindt dark chocolate kinds! I have them hidden in my secret place, so no one else can have one! ;)

Chelle said...

Oh, a secret place...I like that. I couldn't hide anything in a secret place right now though, with the way my brain has stopped working, I would forget where it is! :)