Monday, January 28, 2008

The Best Snow Day Ever

I had the best day. Well, up until 7:00 PM tonight, but that's another story....ANYWAY.....I had the best day. I really needed today.

Today, we woke up to SNOW! Four inches of snow! YAHOO! School was cancelled!! I've been waiting for a good dumping, so we could go outside and play. We have a nice little sledding hill in our neighborhood, so we headed out about 9 AM. We have a saucer, a tobaggan and a little sled that looks like a shovel. I went down a couple of times, and then around the 5th time, I flipped off my saucer and hit the back of my head on the ground. That did not feel good. I was afraid to go again. But, I had a blast watching my kids go off jumps. I even hit a jump one time and caught some serious air. AWEsome. Here's some pics of Melanie and Ben sledding. Amanda stayed in bed too long to join in on the fun - party pooper!











At 1:00, I went to my speech class (my morning class was cancelled). It was the first day of speeches, and it was so good for me to go, because it took away my jitters. The teacher was so encouraging and made everyone so comfortable, I am feeling very confident about my speech tomorrow. I am well prepared and practiced up, so I think it's going to be a good thing....Another good thing is that I got an extra day (and maybe two, it if snows tonight!) to study for my A&P test!

We're supposed to get dumped on tonight while we're sleeping, so it looks like we'll be sledding again tomorrow.....Here's some pics I took of the snow in our yard....








1 comment:

Chelle said...

What fun! Thanks for posting pics of the snow...that's about the only way I am seeing any these days! :)

You will do great on your speech, can't wait to hear all about it!