Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Wisdom teeth, smoothies and Leviticus

My oldest is having her wisdom teeth removed tomorrow. I think she's a little stressed about it, because she is very quiet and has gone to bed. I can't say that I want to be her right now. I had it done when I was her age, and it's just not a fun thing you have to do. We went to the store today and got some DVD's for her, as well as some special things to eat during her recovery. We got milkshakes, pudding, ice cream, flavored waters, etc. I also have on hand, a bunch of stuff for making smoothies......

Speaking of smoothies, I like to make fun things to drink in the summer, so we've been making fruit smoothies. I found umpteen recipes on the internet. Ben and I had a yummy blueberry one this morning. We also like to do root beer floats in these cool glasses we chill in the freezer.

I finished Leviticus today. I can't believe I'm actually reading this much of the Bible right now. And, it's not very hard at all to do! I don't have much to say about Leviticus. It was pretty much God telling Moses more rules and how people can purify themselves from disobeying these rules. It really makes it sink in for me, how burdened the people were with working so hard to be right with God. It was all about doing this and not doing that, and being in constant fear if you were sinning or not. And, lots and lots of sacrificing of animals and blood being splattered, etc. It really makes me think about how the people must have been so grateful for Jesus death on the cross - what a relief that must have been to them!! They didn't have to be burdened with constantly worrying about keeping each little rule, and if they were right before God anymore. Jesus paid the price with His shed blood, and purified them (us) all for all time. No more wondering if they were OK in God's eyes, no more laboring to keep all the rules....Reading Leviticus, and all it's many details about rules and sacrifices, you start getting a clearer picture of the significance of the future birth, death and resurrection of Christ....It's pretty cool.

1 comment:

Chelle said...

Smoothies? I'll be right there...hee hee hee

Hope the wisdom teeth extraction goes well (no fun at all, i remember that). Blessings!