Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Praises

He lifted me out of the pit of despair, out of the mud and the mire. He set my feet on solid ground and steadied me as I walked along.
Psalm 40:2 NLT

I praise you Lord, for the freedom I have in You! I thank you for removing the "stiffness" of religion and pleasing others and the bondage of sin by focusing on rules. I thank you that I can worship You freely as You lead me: to dance, to sing, to pray, to yell, to cry....I thank you for a body of believers with the same stiffness removed, where there is an energy and a love for each other and for You. I thank you for Your Word. Your beautiful, truthful Word, in a world with so much gray. You are my solid ground and my Rock. You are my fortress and my Deliverer. You are the Light on my path and a Lamp for my feet. You are Holy and above all things! Praise You God! Praise Your Holy Name!!

2 comments:

Chelle said...

Amen amen and amen. Love this post, and thank you for typing it!!!

Jodi said...

Thank you for reading it! I love to express myself to God - and writing it just feels good sometimes! :)