Thursday, June 28, 2007

Paper Crafts

Here are a few pics of the book I made in my paper crafting class! You can see how the edges are antiqued with the Tim Holtz distress ink pads. The ink can be smudged on with your finger, brushed on and sprayed with water! I love it.



Each page was folded in such a way, that there was a little "peechee" to hold things. You can see a decorated tag poking out of this page. I spelled out the word "PEACE" on five pages of this book.



This is a top view of the book. Each page is folded from an 8 1/2 X 11 page of cardstock. Then, the pages are connected with ribbons and fibers. There are extra fibers tied all over the top, so they stick up and then fall down in between the pages. So fun.



These are the tags I made, that fit inside the peechees in the book.....You can see the crocheted lace that has been antiqued, using stamp pad re-inker. The buttons are even antiqued. To make the tags, we crumpled the paper, and flattened it out again. Then, using the Tim Holtz distress ink pads, we rubbed it against the paper, which created an "old" look. After that, we sprayed each tag with water, which made them flatten out. I had never done that before!



I love this tag! The grasshopper is actually stamped on a little piece of balsa wood. I can't wait to go get some more of this and work with it.

1 comment:

Chelle said...

That is cool! The book looks beautiful!