Friday, July 20, 2007

Still raining

What the heck?! It's still raining. What a summer. School got out at the very end of June, the sun finally started coming out around the first of July, and now it's raining again!! All I can say is: San Diego here I come!! Sometimes I really wish we still lived there.

Anyway, today is Benny's last day of "Vacation Bible School." He has had a great time, and comes home with stories and singing songs. I bought him a music CD of all the songs, and he's been listening to it a lot. I love it. I love hearing him talk and sing about the Lord. What a blessing to my heart...

We went down to Amanda's symphony camp to see her in a chamber recital. She was principal of the 2nd violins, which was very special for her. They played a piece by a Northwest composer by the name of Jivonnis (sp?). What awesome music. The conductor described it as "mesmerizing" music, with which you sort of leave your body, and once the piece is finished, you find yourself "refreshed." And, after we heard the piece we believed him. I literally had to close my eyes during different portions of this piece, it was so wonderful. I think we're going to go find a CD....

Melanie has been missing her sister. She has tried to entertain herself with Ben and his friends, as she hasn't been able to get together with any of her friends. Joe is taking Benny to a drag race tonight, so I think I'll take her to see "Pirates." I bought a book for Melanie and I, published by Focus on the Family, entitled "Closer." It's kind of a Bible study book for moms and daughters, with lots of discussion questions. We've done it together once so far. We've never done anything like this before, so honestly, it's a bit awkward, but I've wanted to do this with her for a long time....

Physics is going better. I found a tutor at the campus closer to my house. She is really helping me, and I'm so glad!! Sometimes I shake my head at myself, because I can't believe I am doing Physics. Me! Physics! I must be crazy....

My Bible reading is still going. I'm somewhat behind, but I'm not going to keep close tabs on that. As long as I'm reading everyday, I'm fine with that. I may take a day and catch up a little bit, so I can be finished before Fall classes start. It has just been so cool to read the Bible in this fashion. All of the things I have learned, start fitting together like a puzzle when I'm reading "the story" from start to finish like this. It's so awesome. I'm realizing that I know a lot more about the Bible than I thought. And, when I come to things I wonder about, I look them up. For instance, what is an "Asherah pole?" That is an interesting subject! I have also realized that some of the people in the Bible who are quite "exalted" in Bible storytelling, are really flawed. Some are quite awesome, like Joshua, Joseph and David. But, even they slipped up sometimes. God gave them consequences for their actions, but continued to use them, too.....

No comments: