Monday, July 2, 2007

Alotta Nuthin Day

I've decided that when you have kids, there are days when it seems like you've been doing a lot of nothing. That happened to me yesterday. My feet were killing me from walking and standing all day, but I felt like I got nothing accomplished. I had great plans, but they never got anywhere. I think it all started with my trip to Lowe's. I hate Lowe's. I had a $40 gift card there, so I wanted to buy the things I needed to do some yardwork. But, their plants suck. So, I wasted a ton of time trying to pick through their plants to find something decent. Then, I waited in line forever! It just kinda took the wind out of my sails. I had wanted to hit 3-4 different stores, but by the time I got outa Lowe's, Ben was hungry for lunch and so was I.

We came home, ate, and then it just seemed like I couldn't get to my yardwork. Kids wanted to be driven here and there, and then they wanted to swim in the pool. I wanted to let them swim, since we just got it set up. Then, it was time for dinner and more chauferring. I did squeeze in my Bible reading before bed....

Today was a little better. Only a little. I got some weeds pulled, and determined what I want to do with my flowerpots in the back. I still need to get more plants, since I hardly found anything good yesterday. Maybe tommorow will be A Little Bit O' Nuthin Day instead of Alotta Nuthin.

No comments: