Wednesday, July 23, 2008

My Recent Escape

Whoa. I was really feeling tapped out as a mom, and quite in need of some card-making escaping. So, I made a few cards. I even bought a new tool: a circle cutter made by Martha Stewart. Yeah. Martha Stewart has a new crafters' line at Wal-Mart. It's pretty cool stuff, actually. I was eyeing some clear stamps, but I bought the circle cutter instead. It's a great tool, except that, the paper you cut a circle from has to be either held down or taped down. This bugged me when I had to cut a circle from a small piece of paper. I have saved the smallest pieces of paper, just for this kind of thing, but I didn't like that I had to tape the little piece down to cut a circle out of it, because then the tape made a mark when I pulled it off. That means, I can't really use the remaining paper as a frame or anything. Oh well. I like that I now have a tool I can cut circles of any size I want!
This card was done with Stampin' Up stamps. The scalloped edge was done by punching out a bunch of circles and gluing them behind the Ruby Red paper.
The little frame is a chipboard piece with paper glued on top. The largest piece of paper is BasicGrey, my favorite.
This paper is so gorgeous, it really could be framed and hung on a wall. I have several pieces that are so pretty like that, it takes me a long time to cut them up.
This was my attempt at using my new circle cutter. I love pink and brown together. The letters in "hello" are rub-ons.....
Uhhh! You have no idea how good it feels to get some time for just me! Wait - I bet you do! :)

2 comments:

Karen Hossink said...

These cards are beautiful!
Though my work won't turn out as lovely as yours has, I am hoping to find some scrapbooking time soon. It feels so good to "create," doesn't it?
Nice work!

Jodi said...

Thank you! Yes - creating does something to my soul. It's a great, therapeutic thing for me. :)