Monday, July 28, 2008

Thoughts and Cards

*I still find myself tearing up today when I get on my blog, and out of habit, click on "Leslie's Journey." I never could have imagined that following their story, and praying for them would entertwine my heart with them in such a way. The most impressive thing was their perseverance, in spite of the suffering and "why" questions. So genuine. So authentic was their faith. So realistic, yet so full of hope. And, today, they rejoice in the fact that Leslie DID win! She DOES have the victory. She IS healed! This is why they can celebrate....

*Switching gears now. I've been sneaking off to make cards, and having more fun with my circle cutter. I made a few cards by cutting two circles from matching paper and adhering them with a brad or an eyelet. They are 4 1/16" circles, so they will fit in an invitation envelope. (Most of my cards are 4 1/4" X 5 1/2"). The card then swivels open. Here they are:


The bird is a rub-on, and the phrase is a sticker. I've had the paper for so long, and the circle cutter highlights the pattern so nicely.
The sticker says "The sun always shines after the rain." The flowers are from paper punches that I glued on and decorated with a little glitter. The little dots are some more tiny, circle punches. This is Basic Grey paper I had been saving. The images are so large, it's hard to use them with cards. This worked perfectly.
Basic Grey paper.
The frame is from a stamp that I cut out. I just love these colors, and rickrack always looks so cute on a card.

No comments: