Sunday, May 6, 2007

Stink

I did not take a shower today. Do you ever wonder why we stink in the morning? Kind of random, but I was thinking it. Why do you have to shower everyday to wash the stink off? And, how did they do it back in the pioneer days? I mean, man, Joe is not allowed to even think of getting frisky without taking a shower first. So, can you imagine the smell of those pioneer people?! Eeew.

I didn't take a shower because I cleaned carpet. All frickin' day. Who said it was a good idea to own a carpet cleaner anyway? It took me forever to clean my upstairs, and I don't have a super huge house. In fact, as I was cleaning, I thought I will never buy a bigger house than this. I don't want to clean it! Furthermore, maybe owning a house is overrated with all the work it takes to own one. So, back to the carpet. I was a determined woman to finish my upstairs today, which is quite a feat with three children. After one child bugging me to take her to the mall, and another child bugging me to invite a friend over, I finally made this announcement: "I AM CLEANING CARPET TODAY!! I WANT EVERYONE TO KNOW THAT I AM WORKING VERY HARD TO GET THIS DONE, SO WHATEVER YOU WANT TO DO OR WHATEVER AGENDA YOU HAVE, I CAN'T HELP YOU RIGHT NOW, BECAUSE I AM CLEANING THE CARPET!! FIND SOMETHING TO DO, AND DON'T WALK OVER THE WET CARPET UNTIL IT IS DRY!!" Yes, those are capital letters, because I was yelling. Finally, my kids got it, and left me to my work. I was almost done when I ran out of cleaning solution, so I had to put my stinky self together and run to Wal-Mart, hoping no one I knew saw me looking (and smelling) so scummy. Of course, the "speedy self check out" was not speedy. The people in front of me were actually trying to feed cash into the system to pay for three things, and it took them forever. Then, I get behind the slowest people on the planet while I'm trying to speedwalk through the place. The good news is, I actually got in and out without seeing anybody I knew this time!

Once home, I finished my carpet - whew!! It looks pretty darn good for 9-year-old, builder's-grade carpet. I wish it could stay this fluffed all the time, but in a week, it will all be matted down, I'm sure. On Tuesday, I'm tackling the stairs and the downstairs, and this time, the kids will be at school!! Yessssss.......

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I have a math test tomorrow, and a Biology test on Wednesday. I think I might be in pretty good shape for these. I hope. The last tests I took in these classes I didn't do so hot. But, things are feeling better, and working better since last week. Last week at church, our pastor said that he felt the Lord saying the word "grind," meaning for some people, it's life has been hard like you're just trying to grind something out - not smooth. I was thinking: "Yeah! That's me since this quarter started! So, he spoke some scripture, and prayed over those who had this "grind" thing going on. I'll tell you what - God has done something. This week, I've been clearer, managed stuff better and haven't felt so lost in these classes. I feel "on top of it" for the first time since the quarter started. God is so great how he knew that about me, and helped me...It seems like He is always trying to show Himself to us, to remind us of His presence and love, even in the things that we think aren't that important to Him......

No comments: