Thursday, May 10, 2007

Really Random Stuff...

Because I'm so busy lately, I think of all these things that I want to put in my blog, and don't seem to get a chance to do it....So here's some snippets of some things...

Snippet #1
There's nothing like....
  • A good chewy molasses cookie
  • Ripe, juicy strawberries dipped in sour cream and then brown sugar
  • Seeing the first goldfinches of the season
  • Hearing hummingbirds buzzing in the backyard
  • Sitting in the warm sun in silence
  • Getting an 85 on a math test, after bombing the last one
  • Having your 16-year-old come up and hold you for a couple of minutes
  • Helping your 13-year-old with math and actually be able to do it
  • Reading books with your 6-year-old in bed and cuddling and kissing afterwards
  • Getting an encouraging card in the mail from a friend you haven't heard from in a long time

Snippet #2

My biology teacher made me cry yesterday. I won't tell the whole story, but he really seemed to be picking on me, and when I was defending myself across the room, I couldn't prevent my voice from cracking, because I was going to cry. I was trying really hard not to, and managed to hold back most of it. What a jerk.....

Snippet #3

Today, Joe and I are going to do some weeding in the backyard. Most of my cool flowers are blooming, but they're surrounded by so many weeds, it's not pleasant to look at. I hope to get my bird feeders filled, so I can start opening up my screen door in the mornings and listen to them.....

Snippet #4

Amanda and I are going to go to the thrift store to find some costuming for the Father of the Bride play coming up next weekend. I can't wait to see it - I'm going to all three performances!! I'm so proud of her and all the hard work she has done, while at the same time maintaining her schoolwork. I have been the most pleased about the friendships she has developed with some awesome kids who also go to our church. She is so healthy socially, it's cool to see that. Sometimes I see my kids act so healthy, I think, "Wow - maybe I'm a pretty good parent!" :)

Well, enough of my snippets for today. Gotta go weed the garden...

No comments: