Friday, June 6, 2008

More Ultrasound News

I observed ultrasounds at the hospital yesterday. They were having an atypical, slow day, but it was pretty cool. The guy I shadowed just happens to be one of the teachers at the program I'm applying to! So, with some down time, he spent some time teaching me some stuff and answering my gazillion questions. I also grilled his counterpart, a younger guy who just happened to graduate from the program I want to attend! Hmmm....I'm seeing all these possible God-cidences.....Anyway, I got to see the coolest, coolest thing. I watched them do a brain scan through the fontanel of a 3-day-old infant. I was SO excited, I could feel it wanting to burst within myself. When we got done, I just kept saying, "Now THAT was pretty awesome!" I also got to see an OB ultrasound on a 14-week-old fetus. Pretty awesome, too. The rest were abdominals, a pelvic and a couple of intravaginals. It was a great day.

TODAY. I did it. I dropped off my application paperwork to the sonography program. Whew. I have one more thing to do, and that is fax them my Psychology grade once I get it. Other than that, I wait. I will know by August.

It's amazing how fast these last two years flew by in some sense. I think about all that I have accomplished and how hard I have worked. Very, very, intense at times, but I'm proud I never gave it less than 100%. Now, the fun part is around the corner......It almost seems like a dream. Oh wait- it is a dream. My dream. Coming true.

2 comments:

Chelle said...

YIPPEEE! That is fabulous news! :)

Organized Chaos said...

Congrats, Jodi! I'll be praying for your peace of mind as you wait.