Sunday, June 22, 2008

Psychology Grade and Swimsuit and Cards

As if you haven't heard enough about my grades....I got my Psychology and PE grades - 4.0 in each class! Yahoo! I sent off my transcript to the ultrasound program, so now my application is complete! I was so proud of myself when I saw my cumulative GPA for the past two years: 3.81!! Wow - I don't think I ever got that in high school! I'm SO hoping my grades will be my ticket to being accepted in the program. I'll find out very, very soon!!

So. Swimsuits. I need a new one for our Disneyland trip. I went to Sears the other day, and afterwards, vowed to never swim again. Ugh. I don't like my body right now. It's better than after I had Ben, of course, but, I'm seeing that I'm almost 38 years old and in need of exercise.....Even though I still think I'm 20, my body doesn't quite respond in the same way......Well, I went to Wal-Mart for a swimsuit yesterday and found a tankini-style suit with boy short bottoms. I'm still almost 38, but the suit was flattering. So, I guess I'm going swimming with the kids in California. :)

Oh! I also made a couple of cards recently. One card I made at the paper store I frequent. She had $1 Wednesdays, where you can come in and make something for a buck. It was fun! I used the card as inspiration and made a graduation card for a friend's son.





For this card, I cut out a star from thin cardboard and covered it with glass glitter (yes, it's made of glass). Then the mini banner is outlined in glitter glue type stuff called "Stickles." The antique soda water label is cut from a large sheet of a repeating pattern. The blue stuff behind the star is sparkly blue yarn.




I bought some of my own blue sparkly yarn, as you can see. I printed the mini banner on my computer and outlined it with glitter. I stamped a graduation cap in blue on grey paper, since the grad's school colors are silver and blue. Then I used striped vellum and the stripey paper, attached with star brads.

1 comment:

Ro said...

Congratulations on the grades! Here's to you! College is hard... and much harder with a family to take care of!

As for the bathing suit thing... I'm 38, in need of exersize, and sucking up my pride (and my stomach), and heading to the pool with my kids anyway. Keep in mind that those awful florescent lights in any store dressing room make you look bad!!! I also tell myself that no one is looking at me except me. 'Cause really, no one is!