Friday, June 20, 2008

Golf Date

My husband has been working hard to take the kids and myself out on regular "dates." Our dates are usually weekly, and I recently asked for more "activity" type dates, rather than just eating out somewhere. So, yesterday, he took me to the golf driving range. I have only been golfing one other time in my life, and that was many moons ago..... Yesterday, I did OK. I was concentrating so hard on my form, that my left arm and shoulder got really tight and sore. I had to swing my arm around for awhile to loosen it up. Once I relaxed that arm, I hit a really nice one with a wood. Thinking I could repeat it, I tried again. Nope. I just couldn't figure out what I did right to hit that one so well. I tried and tried and tried. I really wanted to be good at it. Then, I got a blister, so I had to quit. I realized that when I do something, I want to do it well. Really well.

Well, with golf, I have a long way to go.

I do think it would be fun to take a class and learn to golf well, so it could be an activity Joe and I could do together in the future. I think it would be cool to be able to go out and enjoy the outdoors and play.....With our two girls not far from leaving out home, I want us to have things we enjoy doing as a couple......

2 comments:

Chelle said...

That is a fabulous idea! Hope you aren't sore now. Happy date time with the family :)

Anonymous said...

Good post and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you as your information.