Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Spinach Strawberry Salad

I've been very negative lately.

So. I will now post something happy and crunchy.

Strawberry Spinach Salad
(I know it sounds weird, but you will love it)

For dressing:
1 cup salad oil
1/3 cup cider vinegar
1/4 cup sugar
1 tablespoon poppy seeds
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon dry mustard
1 teaspoon celery seed
2 tablespoons corn syrup

For salad:
6 cups fresh spinach, washed and dried
2 cups strawberries, sliced (or any fruit desired for color)
3/4 cup red onion, thinly sliced
1 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced

For dressing, shake together all ingredients. Toss together salad ingredients. Toss dressing with salad just before serving, sprinkle dressed salad with pecans or slivered almonds (if desired).

*I made it without the onions (I forgot) and I don't like pecans, so I left those off. This is one of those salads, that you're not sure will taste good - especially if you're a picky eater like me. Then, you eat a bite, and can't STOP!!

2 comments:

Chelle said...

Happy...and crunchy. That cracked me up.

Organized Chaos said...

This is one of my favorite salads...you inspired me to make it for a cookout we're having this weekend.