Sunday, March 30, 2008

This Week...

This past week, I have been shopping. A LOT. And, not making much progress. I've been trying to update my wardrobe, but does it seem to you that there are WAY too many baby doll shirts out there? I mean, I can't wear these things without looking pregnant. They look TERRIBLE on me. I see one that's sort of cute, but when I try it on - yuck. It has been quite difficult to find clothes that look good on me. I was beginning to think it was ME. I have managed to find a couple of cute, casual tops, and I found some dressier tops to wear to church or out to dinner or something. I also found this cool jacket at Macy's. I didn't buy it the first time I saw it, but I kept thinking about it, and decided to go back and get it. My oldest daughter thinks it looks like Cruella Deville, however. But, I LOVE this jacket! It's lined and everything. What do you think my blog friends?



Here is a close-up of the pattern. It's looks like leaves and branches to me...



I ordered two pair of skinny denim jeans from Newport News (one pair in black, one in white), that I thought I could wear this jacket with, among other things. Black and white seems to be the thing right now, although I don't follow the trends too closely. I like my clothes to look good on me, and to be cheap - that's my criteria. I did find some advice on Oprah a few weeks ago, on her "shlumpadinka" makeover show. There's pics on line of some cute outfit ideas....

In between shopping this week, I made a card I just love. The swirls, bird and green frame are all stamps.



I've also been quite entertained my little kitten, Macy this week. I had to include some more pics:






Next week, Joe and I are going to go see "Cabaret" downtown. I'm really looking forward to it. Then, the week after that is our 18th wedding anniversary, so we are going on a much-needed get away to a bed and breakfast. On the 9th, I'm starting a new Beth Moore Bible study called "Believing God." I'm so excited! I guess I have lots to look forward to, and a lighter school load to go along with it. Yay!

4 comments:

Chelle said...

The jacket is fabulous, and you are adorable. Congrats on the upcoming anniversary, and glad you two are getting away. Enjoy the Bible study, can't wait to read about it on your blog :)

Jodi said...

Yes. I will be posting stuff about the Bible study - stay tuned! :)

Ro said...

The jacket looks great! It is hard to find clothes that look good out there, especially for the mid-30's to mid-40's crowd (I'm 38, and have recently been shopping). There are some cute babydoll shirts out there. I've had to look hard, since I want the length! You have to find the ones that are still fitted between your bust and your belly button. My favorite one is a sweater one from Costco. The ones where the fitting ends right under my bust make me look pregnant, too!

I'm jealous about your Bible study, since mine hasn't been as wonderful as I'd hoped it would be. I'm excited for you, though, and will be reading to see what you're learning!

Jodi said...

You're right about how fitted the tops have to be. I did find one for Easter that is fitted just right, and the right length too. Some of those tops look SO boxy - ugh. My waist is so very short, I look like an oompa loompa in the boxy ones! HAHA!