Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Thyroid appointment

So, last Wednesday I went into my endocrinologist's office to discuss my recent ultrasound. I opted to meet with his partner, so I could get my results quicker.

The best laid plans of mice and men......

He only had the radiologist's report and not the images. When I asked my teacher about this, she said it was typical for doctors to do business this way. I think it's stupid. Anyway, after reading the report, this endocrinologist now wants to see the images. He said he would order them and see me in a month.

A MONTH?!

The whole reason I went to the imaging center to have my thyroid scanned in the first place was so I didn't have to wait until March to have my endocrinologist do it in his office! THEN, I made an appointment with his partner so I wouldn't have to wait to hear the results! NOW, I'm still having to wait until March!

My teacher says it only takes a day or two to get images, so I'm going to call the office back and be a squeaky wheel again. They're going to be sick of me.

Oh brother.

3 comments:

Everyone's crazy... said...

Jodi! email me and let me know where you had your study done. I might be able to twist some arms and get some movement for you. At least from the Imaging Center side

Shannon said...

Take your WD40 along. Sounds like they need it : ). Ha, Ha. I crack myself up!!

Uuuugggghhhh to bureaucracy!!!!

Jodi said...

Silly Shannon. :)

Thanks, B. I really appreciate that. Actually, the imaging center is the place I want to work at in the future, so I think I'll lay low and not draw attention to myself if ya know what I mean. :) It's really just the endo's office that's the problem...thanks though! :)