Friday, February 6, 2009

I'll Try

I was going to recap my rotten week for you and title it "Basically, I Suck." I have seriously had a horrible week, starting off with a very sick boy and not being able to stay home with him. Horrible mother.

This week I also made a decision out of spite, that turned out worse than I intended - it was basically sin that came out of a sinful attitude. I have been convicted to the core and ashamed. Horrible Christian.

THIS followed by a botched test. Horrible student.

THIS followed by my very first speeding ticket. Ever. I've never even been pulled over. When I saw the flashing lights, it was like I wasn't even surprised. I had been feeling so crappy that I almost half-expected that something worse would happen. And, thanks to the speed trap on River Road and my distracted brain, it did.

Today, I was feeling like such a sucky person, I cried the entire half hour to school, praying for the one hundredth time for forgiveness for my failures. I took my Physics midterm, and drove home.

But you know why you get the short version, and don't have to listen to too very much of my self-loathing? Well, because I asked the Lord to please, even though I don't deserve it - to please give me an encouraging word. Do you know what He did? As I got in my car to come home today, the radio was on and I heard a lady talking. She was finishing a story that sounded like she was sharing how God redeemed her life, etc. She said she wanted to share a verse, and here it was:

"Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the desert and streams in the wasteland...." (Isaiah 43 :18-19)

Thank you, Lord. I'll try.

1 comment:

Shannon said...

Oh Jodi, I'm so sorry your week was so crummy.

That verse is beautiful.

I pray you have a nice, peaceful weekend.

XO