Saturday, April 5, 2008

My Week

This week has been a week of adjusting to my online Psychology class, but I'm off to a great start. It's a little weird to take a class this way, and you have to do a lot more reading and writing. Plus, there are all these specific rules, as to how to post things and a lot of deadlines to remember. It takes a lot of organization, I can tell you that.

I also was able to get into a PE class, which is held at the YMCA. I was a little nervous on Thursday, because we were timed running the mile. I am the oldest in the class, besides another lady, who is probably in her 40's. (I have to add that she is very strange lady, and showed up in a dress, flip-flops and no bra - hmmmm). I was relieved that I wasn't the slowest runner in the class, since it is made up of most 18 19 year-olds! Still, it was not a fast time, and I hope to improve it. I am SO sore now, though!!

Joe and Ben have been sick this week, but Joe improved enough to go out to dinner and see the show "Cabaret," last night. What can I say about Cabaret? Had I known that there was so much homosexual and lude content, we would not have seen it. Yuck. There were people getting up and leaving during some parts. When I went to bed last night, Joe said he was going to go watch the news for a little while before joining me. I half-jokingly said, "And apologize to the Lord for seeing Cabaret?" He said, "I already did that." I said, "Me, too!" Don't ever go see this show.

I will start my Beth Moore "Believing God" Bible study on Wednesday night next week. My sister is going to join me. I am really excited to be a part of this study, as I came in half-way on the last one. There are about 500 women who attend, and then we split off into little groups all over the campus. I signed up for the same leader I had last time. I'm looking forward to getting to know her more. It feels good to be jumping in a little deeper at this church, after warming a seat for so long. It's just time for me to stop hiding out and reach out. I know I won't be serving there for awhile, but this is a good first step for me..

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You cracked me up about you and your husband apologizing to God about Cabaret. I never saw it. I won't now.

I've heard Beth Moore studies are very good. My wife went to one of her week-end seminars a couple years ago with the live praise team.

I guess I already mentioned I was involved with the praise team at our new church now. I started on Good Friday/Easter week-end. I'll be singing the next two Sundays also. The worship leader wants to start me out a couple Sundays a month. My son plays drums for the youth praise team on Wednesdays and sometimes Sundays. He bought an electric guitar on E-Bay the other day. So now when we aren't hearing drums, we hear an electric guitar. :)

It seems like every church we go to starts a new building program with the whole giving money thing. It's not that this church overdoes it and they are in need of some major improvements to the existing facility but we are definitely not ready to put our heart and soul and wallet/purse into this. We did this before for 7-8 years and got burned big time being swept aside because we were too old.

Enjoyed your pictures of the pets and your jacket or shirt. Looks very nice.

Later, Tom