Sunday, April 27, 2008

What's Up

So, I just thought I would write about what's up.

Tomorrow I drop Amanda off at the airport for her symphony trip to Washington, D.C. She will be performing three concerts and touring EVERYTHING. She is really excited, and has worked very hard to get ahead of her schoolwork. I think it's going to be an awesome trip for her....

I am plugging along in my online Psychology class and PE class. I have taken a few quizzes and an exam online, and I'm holding on to a 4.0 in the class so far. PE has been good for me. I am learning some good body-weight-bearing types of exercises that I can do at home, which is cool, because I don't think I will re-join the YMCA after the class is over. After class, I do about 25-30 minutes of cardio on the elliptical machine, and I really like that. I wish I had one of those things at home. I bought myself some exercise bands at Wal-Mart, which I am using at home for some extra toning time. I have been trying to do sit-ups, pushups and lunges everyday, so now I will also incorporate the bands. I really want to see some quick toning up for summertime - especially my hiney. Does anybody have any good hiney-toning exercise ideas?

I am trying to locate my immunization records in order to volunteer at the hospital. Plus, I need them to go into the ultrasound program. I CAN'T FIND THEM!!! I have no idea where they could be. None. I am beginning to think that I am going to have to spend the money to have blood tests run, to show my immunities. Agh!

Our weather started to turn warm the last couple of days - what a nice relief! Ben had his first baseball game on Friday night, and we were FREEZING! Then, he had another game the next day, and it was HEAVEN sitting in the warm 68 degree sunshine. Ahhhhhh......I REALLY need to get out in the yard and do some weeding, so I can appreciate all of the flowers when they bloom....

Joe had his 39th birthday on Tuesday, and Amanda had her 17th birthday on Thursday! We took Amanda to Red Robin to celebrate. I'm so glad all of the birthday cake is gone from the house, so I am not so tempted to eat it. I would like to lose about 5-7 pounds during my stint in my PE class.

I am enjoying my Bible study at church. I am in a really neat group of gals, all randomly chosen to be together during these nine weeks. I love the variety of ages and backgrounds. My leader is a colon cancer and stroke survivor. Her youngest child is about to graduate from high school, so she is going to soon have an empty nest. I might actually have my oldest leave the house after she graduates from high school next year - weird to think!

While I'm blabbing along here, I am realizing that my words really do not reflect what is going on inside me at the moment. I am actually experiencing some discouragement in a number of areas in my life, that I would like prayer for.........

2 comments:

Chelle said...

Glad to know what is up with you and yours! As for hiney exercises, you are doing them: lunges! that's the best there is sister. Rock on.... :)

Jodi said...

Cool-thanks! :)