Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Today

My arm feels a lot better today. I started noticing a difference last night , so I'm going to continue to baby it for a couple of more days.

My daughter texted me from DC. She spent a lot of her money on some souvenirs for our family, and now has $17 left for the next three days. Thank goodness her breakfasts and dinners are covered!! I'm almost thinking about overnighting some money, but the other part of me wants her to learn a lesson about spending wisely on a trip. It was very nice of her to buy things for us, but not a wise thing to do, when she only brought a small amount of money. She has enough to buy her lunches for the next three days, but that's about it. It's really all she technically needs, but I think she would have liked to buy some more things for herself. She made it sound like some other kids had brought hundreds of dollars to spend, which I'm sure it might seem like that when you only have $17 left!

Anyway, we sort of had a deal, that we paid for her trip, and in turn, she paid for her lunches each day and her personal spending money. She received $50 from her grandparents, and she had saved some money from teaching violin lessons, so she had enough for lunches and then some. I also can't forget that she purchased a cell phone that she didn't really need right before this trip (we don't pay for their cell phones; they have to buy the pay-as-you-go kind on their own). I think she'll be just fine.....

1 comment:

Chelle said...

Glad you are on the mend, and I agree...this is a great teaching moment for your daughter! Take care of that arm!! :)