Tuesday, April 10, 2007

My Day Yesterday

Yesterday I spent just about three hours in Biology (inluding a lab). I studied Daphnia (water fleas) - well, actually tortured them. I had to record it's heartbeats after putting different concentrations of alcohol drops on it. Then, I had to put different concentrations of caffeine drops on it. After that, I had to do a control, which means running through the whole thing, but using water each time and recording heartbeats. If it wasn't so tedious, it would have been fun. I am naturally curious and want to observe nature. I think I just need to slow down and try to enjoy it, even if it feels like I have to hurry and get the stuff done....

I also had math in the evening for two hours (Mondays and Wednesdays are crazy days..). I actually spent an extra hour, when I went in early for help. I'm SO glad I did. I was really struggling. I have a feeling this is what this class is going to be like.....But! NOW, I can simplify the fifth root of five to the third power! WOW! Just what I always wanted to know! :)

This morning there are no classes - just a computer class in the late afternoon. So, I will be reading and studying Biology in the quiet of my house with kids all at school. I have SO much to absorb, it's not even funny.....

I'm looking forward to this weekend, when my husband and I get to go to the marriage conference I mentioned in another post! We actually won the registration on a radio show!! I've heard that these conferences are life-changing for whatever kind of marriage a couple has (good, bad or ugly). This weekend is actually our 17th anniversary, so we will probably do a special dinner together when they release us for "Date Night" on Saturday night. I'm really excited to have some time away with him, and see what God has up his sleeve for us.....

No comments: