Thursday, April 26, 2007

Visitor

Man - my life has seriously been in the fast lane these last couple of weeks. I have so many things I've been thinking about, that I want to post, but I have had NO time to do so! I'll try to catch up soon.....



Meanwhile, check out a little visitor we had in our yard today!!!





He is sleeping in an open bird feeder Melanie and I made for squirrels and large birds. I can't believe it's holding him up! Look how cute he is with his little head tucked under....






The poor guy just couldn't get comfy in his little bed. He tossed and turned all day. At one point, he stretched out his one arm and rested his chin on the top of the fence with the rest of his body in the feeder. Or, he would stick his hind leg straight out - with his toes stretching apart as he slept....He actually spent HOURS in this feeder. He was sleeping so soundly, he didn't even startle when I stomped my feet and called out "HEY! MR. RACCOON!!" I know. It was dorky.....Anyway, if he comes back tomorrow, we'll probably have to call animal control to relocate him, however.....I've heard raccoons are not good to have around the house - especially when we have a dog that would like to chase him....

No comments: