Saturday, March 28, 2009

Spring Quarter here I come...

I am nearing the end of my Spring Break, and definitely feeling like I have had enough restorative downtime. I'm SO glad I feel this way, because I've been pushing SO hard and I don't know if I could go into another quarter without being completely rested up. Spring quarter's going to be a doozy. Five classes, and one day a week of clinicals. This quarter we have OB and vascular courses, which I am guessing are going to be quite challenging. I'm up for it. Every new type of scan I learn, I claim as my "favorite." So, we'll see if OB and vascular become my favorites too.

My husband and my kids have been very understanding and supportive of this season in my life. Joe is still cooking, cleaning and taking care of the kids. The girls are busy girls, and tend to want to be with friends a lot, so I don't think they miss me much. Benny and I get in our "lovin" when he's feeling needy. Even when I'm studying, the kids know where to find me and I try to be interruptable (except during finals).

I was happy to go to Ben's baseball practice last night, and he kept giving me glances when he did something good - I knew he was glad I was there. Tonight we're going to have a "campout" together and watch "Bolt." The girls are still in San Francisco on their school orchestra trip, and Joe works tonight, so we're going to have some Ben and Mom time.

Joe and I are going away overnight next weekend for our anniversary to a wonderful B&B we've been to before in LaConner. I'm hoping to see some tulips in the Skagit Valley, although I'm not sure if they are blooming right now with all of our cold, weird weather this season.

So, life is working and I look forward to new and exciting things to learn next quarter. I am so thankful to be in the program and getting to do what I do. I have never experienced anything so intense, yet so darn cool at the same time. It is definitely stretching me, but while its difficult, I can't really complain about it, because its so awesome. I am scared out of my PANTS to perform my first scan on a real patient, but I trust that God will go with me and empower me to be good at what I do. I have given Him credit every step of the way, and I will continue to do so. I look forward to the care and compassion I can give to each patient, and I pray that I will always remember that my job is more than just performing a scan and doing it well, but caring for a person. I truly consider it a ministry.

No comments: