Thursday, November 1, 2007

Fall Madness (I mean, Fun)



Concert pics are so hard to get with the poor lighting, but the girl on the left is our Melanie at her junior high Fall Concert last week. She plays the violin!



Amanda also had a Fall Concert at her high school. She played a solo part for one of the pieces the orchestra played. If I can figure out how to upload videos, I'll post her solo. She also performed her first concert for the youth symphony a couple of weeks ago. It was a costume concert, and they played all movie music! SO cool.



Ben was so eager to carve his pumpkin this year! Here he is scooping out the guts (which didn't smell very good, by the way). I think this pumpkin was on it's way to being rotten.



This Halloween happened to be AWANA night, and they had a carnival-type party I took Benny to. He wore the costume pictured below. The carnival was such fun for Ben. I had signed up to bring a cake for the "cake walk," so Ben had asked me questions about what a cake walk is. So, the moment they announced each cake walk, Ben would leave whatever he was doing and run in there. He DID end up winning a box of cupcakes! Yay! He also played several games, one of which was the "fishing game," where the kids casts their line over a curtain and wait for the "fish" to tug on their line. I encouraged the fun of the game by shouting "Do you feel the fish biting? OH! You GOT one! Quick! Reel It in! Reel it in!" The look of determination on his face was priceless. He kept coming back to it over and over again, until finally he asked "How does it do that?" SO cute. Ben asked me to guess what his favorite thing was. Was it the fishing game? No, he said his favorite thing was painting his pumpkin. He took a very long time to paint this thing. Entirely brown. It had a face, but it a brown face. Still not sure why. He was so proud of it, he brought it in this morning to eat breakfast with him, while he rubbed it and said what a great pumpkin it is. Anyway, the party ended last night with a costume parade with prizes to a boy and a girl in each age group.



LUKE, I AM YOUR FATHER......



Is that you, Ben?

2 comments:

Lisa (the girls' moma) said...

Sounds like a busy busy time for you, but I hope it's going well.

And I hope you got rid of the rotton pumpkin. Yuck!

Ro said...

Man, I haven't done a cakewalk in years! I thought it was something made up for my school carnival when I was younger and lived in the middle of nowhere (Big Sur). Ben looks very happy with his pumpkin. I think Brandon would cry if we carved his precious pun'kin. Hopefully he gets over that in a year or two!