Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Roof and Bones

A roofer guy came out yesterday, and thinks that perhaps the "valleys" in our roofline was where the water was coming from. He noticed that the shingles' "dog ears" were not properly cut, so he cut them. He think this will solve the problem, because the water will not be wicking under the roof. If not, they're going to redo the valley-parts of the roof (which shouldn't have to be done since it's only 8 years old). Anyway, he wouldn't let us pay him, which was really cool of him. I guess we'll see if the problem is fixed when it rains next.....

I won't have much time for blogging, because right now I'm supposed to be learning all of the bones in the body. That might sound simple, but did you know that just one bone can have like 20-30 markings on it? Yeah. That's what I have to know. Every bump, every hole, every line, every curvature, EVERYTHING for each bone. And some of the names have 3-4 words in them! So, if you don't hear from me in awhile, that's why.

I covet those prayers and verses!

5 comments:

LDraper said...

I can relate! Not to the roof, but to the bones. I remember my A&P classes so well... they were hard, but my favorite! Just wait until you get to the origin/insertion and action of each muscle-- that is the BEST! I memorized everything by using flashcards I made on 3x5 cards. It helped me so much.
Praying for you!

Chelle said...

What a blessing the roof man gave you! How nice of him.

Enjoy studying, wow, my brain is overwhelmed just reading about that! You will do awesome!!!

Organized Chaos said...

The Lord your God is with you. He will take great delight in you, He will quiet you with His care. - Zephaniah 3:17

Organized Chaos said...

Random - saw this blog today and thought you would like it... http://thebuckstampshere.blogspot.com/

I don't know her...my friend is www.flyingwithfour.blogspot.com and she had the link to her blog in a recent post.

Jodi said...

Thanks for the stamp link! It's always fun to see the handiwork of others! :)