Friday, May 30, 2008

Spring Happenings

Every Spring, our kids are involved in some "end of year" event. Amanda has her big recital, Melanie has a school concert coming up and Ben already had his. Here are some pics of some of their stuff....



Ben and his class, walking down the aisle toward the stage for his first grade music program. They all wore sunglasses, because the theme was "Education Rocks," and they were supposed to look like rock stars.



Ben in the front row.



Ben and his teacher.



Amanda's recitals are huge events (and long). They're not your run-of-the-mill recitals, I can tell you that. These students are top level performers for their age - it's amazing. Amanda took part in a few ensembles.



Amanda with her two friends who will be graduating from high school this year (Amanda graduates next year!). After the recital, there is a reception downstairs, where the seniors put up display boards with their high school achievements and letters of acceptance from the college they plan to attend.




Amanda playing next to her friend, Hailey.

2 comments:

Lisa (the girls' moma) said...

Wow! Look at those kiddos. Can you believe she is graduating?!? And that Ben is finishing first grade already?

Oh my goodness.

Jodi said...

Oops. I kinda made it sound like Amanda was graduating, but just her two friends are...I better edit that!

But hey-it's awesome to hear from you! I'm not too technologically savvy, so I can't figure out how to read your blog, but I did figure out how to see your pics on Flickr. Email me sometime!