Sunday, January 4, 2009

Christmas #3 in Port Angeles

It's always fun to drag out Christmas as long as possible. This past weekend, we visited my mom, her husband and my brother in Port Angeles for Christmas #3. They still had quite a bit of snow, and then it decided to snow again the night we got there. Needless to say, the kids were excited and we stayed an extra night. I took the kids to see where my mom works as well as a visit to Swain's, the local "general store," that I used to frequent as a kid when I visited my Nana and Pa in Port Angeles.

Speaking of Pa, the picture below is my 93-year-old grandfather at his friend's house. The house my mom now lives in is the house my Nana and Pa used to own. It's kind of funny that I grew up visiting them in that house, and now my kids visit my mom there.....





Here is my mom with Amanda and Melanie...





I took the kids to a sledding hill at the Hurricane Ridge information center. Ben turned out to be an awesome snowboarder!




I took the girls to "Bella Italia," which is the restaurant where Bella and Edward had their first date in the story, "Twilight."


All in all, we had a great time hanging out at my mom's house, watching episodes of The Office, laughing at the kids sledding down their long driveway and exchanging gifts.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cool pictures and story.

Tom

Jenn said...

I can't believe that thoes girls got so excited about that Bella place! It's all over their facebook. You're the best mom ever!