Sunday, February 18, 2007

School....

School's going good! Don't get me wrong, it's tough at times. Now that I am about half-way through Winter Quarter, I'm really feeling it. Miraculously, I'm maintaining A's in all of my classes at this point. Don't know if it will stay that way, but it amazes me. Once again, how I am succeeding in math is a surprise. I have to work WAY harder in this math class, because the teacher isn't the best. I am spending a lot of time reading and re-reading the text, to try and CRAM it in my brain so it sticks.

My English 101 class is on-line. I still am not sure if I like this method of taking a class. There's just SO much reading, since you can't hear lectures, etc. I'm doing awesome in it, though. I'm waiting on a grade from my last essay, and then I just have one more to write and I'm done with the class!! My last essay is supposed to be a "proposal," where I define a problem and a solution. Here's what I'm going to tackle: changing the law regarding how parents are informed that a registered, juvenile sex offender is attending school with their child. Whew. Did you know that schools are not obligated to tell you if a registered sex offender is attending school with your child? The sheriff's department is obligated, by law, to tell the school district, who in turn may not even tell the principal, who in turn, may not even tell the teachers. It's up to them. The only way you can find out is if you go to the registered sex offender website, which most parents wouldn't really think they should go see if a STUDENT is a sex offender! That's how I found out about this problem. I was looking on the website, and found a student sex offender living within a 1 mile radius of my house. I asked my daughter if she knew him, and she said "yeah, I have two classes with him." Yikes! I then called the sheriff, and found out about the laws. I think it's important enough that I'll post my essay on my blog when it is finished.....

I love my Chemistry class, because the teacher is so good. She used to be a high school Chem teacher, so she can really put it in easy terms for moms like me! It's just SO interesting. I was struck with how orderly a system science (and math for that matter) is. The more scientists discover, the more, in my opinion, it reveals what an amazing God we have! How in the WORLD could such an orderly system just "happen?" I wonder how scientists aren't forced admit the existence of God everyday. He is an awesome Creator.

No comments: